Aimpoint Green Reading and Strategies for Reducing Your Score with Stuart Leong
In this podcast Peter Croker chats with Stuart Leong, Victorian and Australian PGA teacher of the Year in 2014 and 2015 respectively, and Director of Technology at Golf Australia, about how to lower your score using AimPoint for green reading.
In This Episode You’ll Learn
- Getting started in golf at the age of ten
- Being coached by Peter Croker at an early age
- Stuart’s time as a trainee pro and playing tours in Australia, Asia and Europe
- Working as the Director of the Sandhurst PGA Learning Centre and Director of Coaching Programs
- Using golf technology to improve the learning experience
- Using statistical analysis to improve the scores of both professional and recreational golfers
- The 3 key distance ranges for improvement for high handicap golfers
- Stuart’s “Shots to the Hole” online subscription program
- The importance of training the short game for golf improvement
- Aimpoint as used by pros such as Adam Scott, Lydia Ko and Stacy Lewis
- How to read the green using Aimpoint
- The pleasure of coaching in New Zealand
- Adapting your golf game to cope with different playing conditions
- Peter Thomson’s advice about the best way to learn golf
- The 85% of time on the golf course while not hitting shots
- Stuart’s coaching venues and fees
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Key To Golf Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.