Charlie Earp – Coach of Golfing Great Greg Norman
In this podcast Peter Croker chats with Charlie Earp, coach of the great Greg Norman and who, through his involvement with the Greg Norman Junior Golf Foundation, has guided so many talented Australian golfers including world number ones, Adam Scott, Jason Day and Karrie Webb.
In This Episode You’ll Learn
- Charlie’ golfing apprenticeship in Coolangatta, Queensland
- The inspiration and influence of Norman Van Nida on Charlie and Australian golfing greats such as Peter Thomson and Kel Nagle
- Australian golf in the mid 1950’s
- Charlie’s time as head professional at Royal Queensland from 1958 – 2003
- Charlie’s involvement with the Greg Norman Junior Golf Foundation
- Telling aspiring young golfers to go back to school
- The natural talent of Greg Norman and Karrie Webb
- Getting a reluctant Greg Norman to change his grip
- Teaching Greg Norman how to adapt his game to European conditions
- The incredible dedication of fellow Queenslanders Greg Norman and Wayne Grady
- The importance of keeping the swing simple with sound fundamentals
- The ‘din and dip’ philosophy
- Knowing how to work the ball
- How to start the swing to ensure to develop your best swing tempo
- Water Hagen’s goal of always trying to hole the ball
- Contact Charlie Earp for lessons on 073 268 3289
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Key To Golf Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.