Chi Performance Golf with Jayne Storey
In this podcast Peter and Jake talk with Jayne Storey from chi-performance GOLF about how the essential principles of Tai Chi and the Martial Arts enable not only golfers, but athletes in all sports, musicians and dancers, to reach peak performance through awareness and relaxation techniques to unite the mind and the body.
In This Episode You’ll Learn
- Jayne’s background in Tai Chi and golf
- Parallels between the bio mechanical grounding principles of golf and Tai Chi
- Stillness and the control of motion
- What set Jack Nicklaus apart from other golfers
- Awareness as opposed to mind control
- The biochemistry of performance under pressure
- How analysis interferes with timing
- Breathing as a means of overcoming the stress response
- Importance of abdominal or navel breathing
- The difference between a good swing and a default swing
- The maximum time the average person can be in the ‘now’ or ‘zone’
- Breathing to assist timing and power
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Key To Golf Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
Have you trialed the Master Coaching Academy
Trial it Now for 7 Days for $1