Peter Knight – Australian PGA Master Professional and International Golf Coach
In this podcast Peter chats with Peter Knight, former National Coach for Golf Australia and the present coach of the Chinese Taipei National Golf Team. Having also played a significant role in the reestablishment of the Australian Institute of Sport, Peter’s insights are based on a wealth of experience in coaching players at all levels of golf.
In This Episode You’ll Learn
- Peter’s background as a caddie, PGA golf trainee and teacher
- His appreciation of Homer Kelley’s Golfing Machine
- Experience teaching at luxury resorts
- Players have different ways of finding the ‘zone’ depending upon personality
- Peter’s involvement with Adam Scott and Aaron Baddeley
- The Yarra Bend Golf Complex and programs specifically designed for juniors
- Peter’s goals for the future
- The 3 important questions he continually asks himself as a teacher
- Coaching flexibility to cater for all levels of golfer
- Perceptual barriers and misunderstood concepts
- Forgetting as part of the process of learning
- How the position at impact is a means of detecting a player’s strengths and faults
- Importance of persistence, good information and good practice habits
- Balance, rhythm, tempo and timing
- Accepting where you are on the golf journey as a means of developing confidence
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Key To Golf Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.