The Impact Zone – Building Solid Impact in the Golf Swing
In this episode of the Key To Golf Podcast Peter talks about that most important moment of truth in the golf swing, impact, where the club face actually meets the ball. Indeed so important is the impact zone that Peter advocates building a dynamic and consistent golf swing from the impact zone backwards. He provides an understanding of what should be occurring at the point of impact and discusses a tried and true method of training to produce the powerful ball compression necessary for top golf shots.
In This Episode You’ll Learn Nine Major Alignments
- Building a golf swing from the bottom up.
- The correct angle of the club face at impact
- The correct path of the club at impact
- Control of club head, club shaft and club path
- The thumbs down position to build compression
- How to release the club through impact
- Importance of doing things in baby steps
- A putting to full swing training schedule to build a solid impact position
- Maintaining a pre shot routine and attention to every shot played in practice
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Key To Golf Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
FREE VIDEO DRILL
Use This Simple Drill To Hit It Past Your Playing Partners With More Consistency And Accuracy... Guaranteed!