World-Renowned Australian Coach of US PGA Tour Players Steve Bann
Founding golf coach of the Victorian Institute of Sport, and coach of US PGA Tour Players including Stuart Appleby, Robert Allenby and K.J. Choi, Steve Bann chats with Peter about golf – past, present and future.
In This Episode You’ll Learn
- Steve’s background as a professional golfer and why he became a coach
- Steve’s 30 year involvement with Tour Players
- The amazing story of KJ Choi’s introduction to golf having no previous knowledge of the game
- The influence of elite coaches from a variety of different sports
- Steve’s involvement with the Yarra Bend Golf Complex in Melbourne
- Teaching children to ‘move’ as a means of encouraging ongoing participation in golf
- The importance of mental preparation when playing competitive golf
- The nature of concentration
- Quieting the mind to avoid emotional anticipation and potential stress
- Golf as a lifetime game and continual learning experience
- The incredible numbers of skills and variants in the game of golf
- The willingness of Tour players to share information and help each other
- Ian Baker-Finch and his road to eventually winning the British Open in 1991
- Steve’s US PGA Tour involvement in 2016
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Key To Golf Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.